Medical Assisting Curriculum
Areas of study include:
1. the history of the medical assisting profession and the importance of the duties, requirements, and liabilities of working in a medical setting.
2. to recognize and understand the importance of responding to medical emergencies.
3. front office skills required of medical assistants.
4. the importance of administrative functions and responsibilities.
5. preparing accurate and detailed electronic patient records.
6. medical lab and phlebotomy testing procedures and the regulations mandated by care facilities and governmental regulatory laws.
7. pharmacology; the history, sources, uses, and physical properties of drugs and their effects on living organisms.
8. basic kinds of surgeries performed in outpatient facilities along with the steps in these procedures; the tools and the equipment needed; and the methods of sterilization or setups required.
9. skills needed to prepare the student for a successful job search
Medical Assisting Admissions
- Applicants must be interviewed by an admissions representative.
- Applicants must provide proof of high school graduation or achievement of a General Educational Development (GED) High School Equivalency Certificate or provide the information during the enrollment process if hard copy is unable to be retrieved.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older or additionally have a guardian’s signature/initials on all paperwork which requires a signature/initials.
- The School Director or his/her designee must agree to final acceptance of each applicant.
- The applicant’s general appearance and conduct must be consistent with, and conducive to, general good business standards.
Medical Assisting Schedules
- Evenings (Mon. Tues. Wed.)April 17,2023-May 24,2023
- Evenings (Mon. Tues. Wed.)June 19, 2023-July 26,2023
- Evenings (Mon. Tues. Wed.)August 21, 2023-September 27, 2023
- Evenings (Mon. Tues. Wed.)October 9, 2023-November 15, 2023
- Evenings (Mon. Tues. Wed.)November 20, 2023-December 27, 2023
Medical Assisting Tuition
The cost of the program is $3495. This includes books, supplies, tuition and all in-house fees. On the day the student registers, they can either pay in full or start with a minimum down payment of $795 and follow a payment plan for the remainder of the course.